Friday, October 12, 2012

it's official

i've been married for 3.5 years, and since day one it has been an uphill battle about one thing in particular.
a costco card.
well, this week that all changed.

my love for costco has really taken itself to a whole new level over the last coupe months.
i mean, kirkland brand ice cream? it can't be beat. nearly nothing that is kirkland brand can be beat.
and their hand dipped ice cream bars with almonds is my favorite treat of all time. there. i said it.
all i want to do is go to costco, buy myself my ice cream bar and browse and browse and browse.
but i couldn't, because i was not a member and they wouldn't let me in... ok that might be an exaggeration, but you guys, they will NOT let me buy anything... trust me, i've had SEVERAL bad experience with trying to cheat the system. one ended in tears when they called membership security over to checkout. ugh.

back to the best part of my week... (you see where this is going, right?)
so, i have told zach for years that i am going to drive over to costco without him and buy myself a card, $50 is nothing in comparison to my happiness, right? well, it still hasn't happened, and it's not because zach says no, come one, like he's never said no to something i've bought before... it's just that deep in my heart i couldn't justify the $50... if it were even $40, done - but it was something about $50 that i just couldn't do it.

then comes ali. she has the same problem. can't justify the $50.
me and ali get costco card together.
me and ali also work together, and sit next to each other for 8 hours a day... so it just makes sense that we would share a costco membership together... for $25 bucks a piece might i add! done and DONE.
and man, does it feel good.
SO GOOD.

i haven't exactly broken the news to z yet, it just ... hasn't come up. or actually it has ("where did all this kirkland ice cream come from??" "um... i also got chocolate sauce, ice cream all around!"). diversions.
i will tell him, but i know he's going to be a tiny bit disappointed because, "we don't need one" and because, "i have my dad's, we can use it anytime we want," and because, "your mom lives up the street, she'd love to go to costco with ya," and because, "there is no reason to pay $50 to have a membership when we only go there once a month or less..."
but i got it fro$25... and at that price, it's totally worth it.
right? RIGHT?!
i'm right.
thanks for your support. (this is where you show your support):)!


3 comments:

  1. This is so funny because i have been married for 4.5 years and I got my very own last week! Can we go together? Oh and I got a dipped ice cream bar this very night. I love Costco, liz, and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kels, that is funny! those boys... and yes, i will go to costco anytime with you. seriously.
    jess, i'm sure that is %90 of why i don't have a card yet... i'm going to have to use a lot of restraint. i love all things costco.

    ReplyDelete