Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Day

today i cried 3 times. whatthefreak. it must be one of those one weeks. not that im saying it is, but i HAVE to have an excuse for that.
because i dont cry or have emotions often. and once was during the bachelor when shaun brought thegirlwithonearm's dog to the mansion to see her?? 
HA. im totally crazy! (i hate that i did that, too, i promise).

zach put this clip on facebook today and said that it reminds him (and everyone) of me. yikes, i hate me! you guys! im sorry!

...first, it was on my way to work. i remembered something we were talking about last night, about one of my husbands friends who died a few years ago. and it came from no where, the tears, but i just got so sad. thinking of him talking about his friend.

and then once was because my family keeps going on vacations without me. and it made me so sad today that im missing that time and those memories with them. and they are in my favorite city might i add. but since im an adult, i cant go on vacation every other week, i guess. but still. i miss my family. (dont feel too bad, they live up the street from me and i just got home from thailand). but i told zach that NO ONE can go on ANY more vacations without ME. because im a seven year old, i guess. he laughed at me. he almost couldnt stop laughing. 

and then. it's MLK day. did you get the day off of work? no? me neither. because utah does not observe this holiday. even though we should definitely observe all holidays by taking the day off of work and going on vacation.

but i still observed the holiday by reading justin timberlake's twitter which had an MLK quote. and it was one that hit me.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 
― Martin Luther King Jr.A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.

i learned a long time ago that "killing with kindness" actually works. and, although it's not as graceful of a statement, i think it goes along with what mlk was talking about. light, love, kindness makes all the difference in life. and it's one of those important things in life and one of those things that i still have to remind myself of almost on a daily basis (which is sad!). but i love how MLK put it, darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. it's so obvious, and something i have heard in many different ways, but it makes so much sense. so my day got better (it was never that bad, just... you know, a day). 
and im glad ---- and ---- went home on the bach and that ---- stayed. (not making that spoiler mistake again!).  
and i like my husband and dog. like love them. or just love them.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the dog thing was cute. So was the theme park with the besties. Glad you let your emotions out. It's a good thing. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete