Monday, May 9, 2011

.way to go boy

"Hey girl, are we still on for tonight?"

I got this text on Friday morning, in 2008, in my humanities 201 class with Professor Call. We were going out for the first time that night, but I almost thought he'd completely forgotten about it or changed his mind since i hadn't heard from him for two whole days. I was dying.

"Oh, that's tonight! Of course we're still on."

Play it cool, Liz.

Have I already been through all of your Facebook photos, analyzed who our "friends in common" are and asked the one friend I had that went to Davis High about a hundred questions about you, even though he only knew your brother, alex??
No. Of course not.
And I also didn't show mags (sitting next to me in class) that text as soon as it came in.
And of course I could wipe that smile off my face immediately.

We were so silly.
Now look at us.
All old and graduated.

Did I mention Zach finished, too?
He worked very long and very hard and commuted even more than me.
And most people have no idea how long or hard because he doesn't complain or tell the world that he's tired.
(Unlike some people i know, ahem, me).
He just keeps going and quietly does his best.
And I am very proud of his accomplishments.
Great job baby. You did it!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so well written Liz. Thanks for making my blog stalking night a little more memorable.

    ReplyDelete