Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shebs is gone. i know it's not a forever type of gone, but still.

this is just a note to my friend shelly who is on a mission. i wrote it like a week after she left... and kind of forgot about it and never posted it. but now i miss her again... so here you go shells. even though you can't read it:)
i actually don't want anymore of my friends to go on missions please! k thanks.
i'm only kind of kidding about that.

shells a bells has been my friend forever.
and she will always, always be my friend.
i know sometimes people say this, but with shel, it's different. and it's not just because she knows me and i know her inside out, and it's not just because we can tell each other when acting weird or bugging, and it's not just because we are very different... yet the same in so many ways, or because half the time we're together we're cracking up at the each others' retarded-ness.
i think it's because shelly is one of the most real and sincere people i know... and I feel like I could tell her anything, and I know this can sometimes be a bad thing, but oftentimes, well, with most people, i can't say how i really feel at the moment, i can't tell them that they are bugging me or that i don't want to go there for dinner. and with shel i can, and she still likes me. and i feel like she won't judge me when i tell her things, like, she knows me and doesn't care what i say. did that make sense?

the night i met zach boy, shel was the only friend i could get to "go over to this guys house" after we already went to this ridiculous comedy thing with these silly boys.
she came with me then, even though she really wasn't dying to and felt a little uncomfortable at a party where everyone knew each other and they were literally ALL from davis high, except us 2 bountiful girls. but she went because she could tell i wanted to go. like really, really wanted to, and i didn't even really know why...

then we met z.

and as we were leaving i told her, "shel i think he likes you, you should go for him," all annoyed because i had a crush on him and genuinely felt like he was into her because he kept going on and onnnnnnnn about her hair. to which she responded, "um, no, because you like him."
she was right.
and i was wrong (although I wouldn't have blamed him one little bit).

and i want to tell you one other thing that makes shelly a good friend.
i can count on her.
and that, to me at least, is the number one thing that makes a good friend. when they are there. just there.
i think i am struggling with this fact lately becase sometimes i feel like there are like 4 people in the world i can count on. so, 1. i know that's not true even if it sometimes feels that way and 2. i just really like this chick.

i love the girl because she isn't perfect. did i say that? and because she is crazy and would any day of the week do anything for me (except, you know, when she's like on a mission or something:)).
she's my missionary.
and sometimes i miss my girl.

could please none of my friends go on missions anymore?!
geez. thats what i told her. but then zach followed it up with some great advice and getting her all excited again. because it's the people that make missions so amazing. that's what i hear anyways, and shebs loves the people everywhere, and they will love her.
i know she's having fun in shy town and i'm kind of jealous she gets to live there.
it's perfect for her.

oh high school us. haha. i look a little different.

miss you moron.


3 comments:

  1. hi this made me cry. do you have her address??? I have been an extremely bad friend. and i'm sad and miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh kenz, i am like the worst pen pal EVER. and no i don't have her address, but i do have her email address (i just email her...then she can write back... that's the only way it's going to happen on my end. sad, but true!) lishelle.stuart@myldsmail.net

    ReplyDelete