Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mafia=the worst in liz

Last night we got together with a few of Zach's friends. As you know from the previous post, I love Zach's friends (and their wives, fiance's and girlfirends even more), and it was a very fun night.

We played the name game.. and my team lost, which I was not too happy about. Zach tells me im a poor sport, i just really dont like losing..

After I took some time to get over that we began playing one of my favorite games. Mafia. Somehow I was mafia three out of the four times we played, and every time i somehow gained quite a few people's trust and following. Mainly my sister-in-law Kelsey's. Poor kelsey would believe me, trust me, defend me, and follow me until i died. After finding out i was mafia and that i had lied to her over and over again with the most innocent and sweet face possible, i dont know if our trust can ever be mended. You should have seen her hurt face, i almost felt bad.. almost.

Nevertheless, you all have been warned. I can lie through my teeth and not feel a thing. this dates back to high school when i became a compulsive liar (my mom told me no one would like me if i lied to them.. good thing i found someone as weird as myself) . When I would meet people (boys) I would never tell them my real name or any real information about myself. it was a weird thing and apparently it became a habit.

When I met zach at a party (i was a freshman in college at this time), I told him my name was Samantha. This confused him because he knew that wasnt my name, but he didnt know what it really was. when he did find out it was liz rock, he thought i was lying about my last name (i dont blame him), we had to verify this with several people before he believed me.

The first time he text me all he said was, "Samantha?"

I liked that. I knew we would get along.

Now, I will tell you, you shouldnt be scared or feel uncertain about this fact i have revealed to you. I cannot lie if it is something that matters. zach, and others who know me, can confirm this. For example...calling in sick for work. i cannot do it for the life of me. so dont worry about that potential or current employers. trust me, i have tried and i am completely incapable.

So, although you may think i am just a crazy person, you can still believe that i am an okay person to be friends with.

Lets play again soon zach's friends. (mainly the wives and caitlin and kaylee:)).

(these pics are from a long time ago, but i didnt have any from last night... brooke, johnny, dane, kaylee, harts and todd and emily are not pictured)


5 comments:

  1. Oh I loved this night! We all need to get together more often! Mafia was definitely addicting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were so sad we missed it! Sounds like a blast! We will for sure have to make it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, we do need to play more! Mafia was fun, you were freaking good at it. Teach me your lying ways...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzy you know I love to play with you, you always keep me alive till the end! Really... you couldn't find a better pic of me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz,

    I can't believe you were Mafia that many times! Too bad we left early. :( I love that game...and sound so guilty even when I am innocent. Let's hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete