Thursday, July 29, 2010

real friends stick around for the yucky times, too.

Did you guys know that in high school i had a fish named owen?

me and owen went through a lot together. he listened to my phone conversations. watched me sneak out of my window. laid around with me when i got my wisdom teeth out. watched me pack for college. and was there all the times in between.

all my brothers friends made fun of owen because of his little fish bowl... and sometimes just large cup when the bowl was getting cleaned... and they told him i didnt like him. but i really did.

anyways, when owen died i was sad. (i know, whats going to happen when something actually bad happens to me, dont ask me, i can barely handle a fish dying...). and the boys still made fun of me, and i pretended i wasnt really sad.

i came across this card the other day, and i think it exemplifies mine and lindsays's relationship... linz knows me almost better than anyone else... and she's been as real of a friend as they come for a long time.

for the yucky times, too.

"I just wanted to say that im really sorry about owen. i know he was more than a fish to you. his home may not have been the fanciest, but he loved it because you loved him and thats all that matters."

happy marriage linz.
you've never looked happier.
and i liked the groomsmen's vests.

pretty girls in yellow shoes.
and pretty pretty bride.
and then i do this face (below)

What in the world do you think I am thinking right at this moment?
I am a crazy, scary person.


these two.
i like them.
and i like ness's squint face.

and this is shelly stress face.
i have grown very fond of shelly stress face over the years.
shel is one of the most hilarious people i know
but mainly when she is trying really hard not to be funny.
im going to go ahead and say its one of my favorite things ever.

hi linz.


that little girl on the right is caitlin.
she goes to portland state and i never get to see her
and i have missed her.



1 comment:

  1. Liz...
    First, Lindsay made a very pretty bride and I'm glad I'm her friend.
    Second, why the squinty picture? Why?
    Third, I live for "Shelly stress face." I do all that I can to create that face on that girl.
    Fourth, I'm happy to be your friend. And thanks for updating your blog more often again. I love it.

    ReplyDelete