Wednesday, January 19, 2011

wendell saves the day.

So... I wrote a note to UPS and left it on my door.
It said, "UPS man/woman, if no one answers, please take my package back to the UPS center in SLC and I will pick it up there tomorrow."
So... The UPS man/woman decided to completely disregard my little note and leave the package on my front door.
And I got a delivery confirmation that the package was left on my front door.
And no one was there.
Thanks a lot UPS.

When I got home that night the package was not there.
And I knew it had, of course, been stolen.
Defeated, i went to bed angry (even ask z, he was scared of me after I bit his head off for telling me to look at the tv or else I'd miss the man falling off the electrical pole, again).
This morning we got a knock at our door, right before I left to work.
And it was Wendell, old, very few teeth, cigarette in hand, with my package.
He told me he had read my note and was mad that UPS disregarded it and that he had been watching it the entire day to make sure it was still there.
And when we weren't home by nine, he figured we were out of town and he grabbed it for us.
Bless his heart.

A few things to note here:
1. Wendell knew I had left a note for UPS.
2. Wendell watched the package all day.
3. Wendell told me i better "b****" to UPS for leaving it or else he will.
4. Wendell knows when we leave every morning and when we usually get home at night.
5. Wendell's got our backs.

Thanks Wendell. We're glad you're our neighbor.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to meet Wendell. He sounds fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it your new coat? I just got all nervous thinking about it being stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No can- that baby is being sent straight to my work. And brooke, he is worth meeting, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete