Thursday, August 26, 2010

26.2

He ran his marathon.
Dislocated vertebrae and all.
Like it was no big deal.

I know how hard he worked and how many times he ran 15 miles and then didn't complain when I made him do laundry and meet friends for dinner and stay up late.
He's worked hard for this and I'm proud of him (kind of jealous, but mostly just proud).

For some reason I keep thinking of my little cousin,Van, asking, "who's that big guy."
He is a big guy. A big tough guy...That's super skinny now...
And that runs marathons like it's no big deal...

Candice ran the last 8 miles with him.
She was his support.
Not just on game day when he was on mile 26 and wanting to kill those last .2 miles,
But from day one, telling him what to eat, what shoes to wear and how far to run.
She's a good sis.

Good job Zach boy.
I may or may not run the next one with you.

You can read one of my fav blog posts he's written HERE





Support crew.
Right before the race.



Mags and Alice ran the half marathon. I was happy to see them bright and early! They were tough chicks! Good job mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment