Monday, August 9, 2010

i remembered that i love to read.

I was completely consumed this weekend with The Hunger Games.
I was lost in their world and fell in love with the characters, Katniss, Prim, Peeta, Gale, Cinna...
I loved escaping into their world for awhile, while I read the book outloud to jer bear all weekend (so we kind of escaped together).
And then I dreamed about it the night I finished it (is that weird?).
And maybe thought about it while I drove to school in the morning.

I hate it when books end, when they start to wrap up I find myself reading slower and slower, because I dont want it to be over.
I dont want all those emotions to leave and my attachments to the characters to be gone.

And then I remembered why I haven't read a book (besides textbooks) for years (so sad).
It's because, as you can maybe tell, I get completely consumed and addicted and I can't focus on anything else.
It's almost pathetic.
But, at the same time, makes me way happy.

I just remembered how much I love reading, how much I've missed it.
So.. feel free to give me suggestions, because I have 2 weeks off of school (starting thursday) and i'm going to READ.

1 comment:

  1. I love the hunger games with all of my heart. Luckily the last one comes out on the 24th... so I have 6 days to bask in it before school starts.

    ReplyDelete